OPEN HOUSE VIRTUAL PRESENTATIONS AND PODCASTS!
IAN’S CRYSTAL BALL – WE ARE NOT GOING BACK TO 2019
Online Video Presentation With Ian Balwin
Speaker, Ian Balwin shares his experience and expertise on key learnings points from 2020 and 2021. What if you could turn the challenges from the last year into opportunities? Ian will discuss the challenges and provide insight that may just give you the tools you need to tackle 2022 and beyond.
- How we have done more with less.
- The pain points and sustainability for the next several years.
- Short-term challenges for 2022, inventory, and labor.
- Longer-term challenges for next 5 years, labor and consumer.
- Challenging everything: opening hours, selection, full-service vs. e-commerce, community status.
- Irreversible changes in the market, demographic shifts, a different consumer of all ages, multi-channel retailing.
- How smart GCs will invest the money and apply the learnings to remake garden retailing.
Retailer Panel Moderated By Ian Baldwin - Podcast With Retailer Panel:
Joe DiDominica, Dees' Nursery in Oceanside, NY Tom Hebel, Bucks Country Gardens in Doylestown PA Mike Boyert, Boyert’s Greenhouse & Farm in Amedina, OH Ian Baldwin moderates our team of retailers “talk from experience.” They will provide reflections on how GC businesses have changed since the pandemic began and talk about their post-pandemic direction.
- Key decisions, actions, and takeaways during and post-pandemic.
- What they have learned about their customers, their market, their community?
- How will their buying habits/best practices or inventory levels change?
- How decisions made – the good, the bad, and the ugly – may just help other GCs.
WHAT JUST HAPPENED OVER THE LAST YEAR & WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
HOW TO MARKET TO MILLENNIALS WHO ARE OBSESSED WITH LAWN & GARDEN
The Ugly Facts Of The Millennial Generation & How Their Values May Save Us.
You have the POWER!
Video presentation with Ryan McEnaney
Speaker, Marketing Manager, and Millennial, Ryan McEnaney shares his experience and expertise. This session gives both a personal and research-driven look at the Millennial Generation and proposes communication strategies to engage and grow business with Millennials, the largest age group in the United States. The speaker will walk through research conducted by national experts, industry examples, and success stories from other industries to provide ideas for growing business in this segment. This data is woven through the personal narrative of our speaker, a Millennial and member of a multi-generational family business.
- Who are Millennials?
- What is the economic impact of Millennials in the Lawn & Garden industry?
- Why do you need to learn the personality traits that drive behavior?
- Where did we come from?
- Where are we going?
- Where does our industry fit?
- Learn key takeaways that will help you target and sell to this demographic.